The WT300E series power meters are easy to use, cost effective, and accurate for a wide range of applications, such as production, testing, evaluation, and research and development.
For home appliances and office equipment
Production line or QA testing of electric devices
- Compact half rack mount size helps engineers build smaller test systems with a better return on investment
- D/A output and Modbus/TCP* functions for data recording
- Multiple communication interfaces: USB, RS-232 or GP-IB and Ethernet capability
The simultaneous measurement of power consumption parameters such as U, I, P, frequency, power factor and harmonics for production line or QA testing, results in reduced tact times, thereby, reducing time and cost of testing. The D/A outputs and communication interfaces enable data to be remotely and flexibly captured. *“Modbus/TCP” function is available with the Ethernet (/C7) option.
Development and evaluation tool for home appliances
- 5mA range allows for small current measurements (WT310E)
- Auto ranging function during integration mode
- Range skip (range configuration) function provides the ability to select usable ranges in advance. Auto ranging enables the WT300E series to rapidly adapt to changing input conditions.
The range skip function reduces the transition period between range changes. The WT310E can measure both large and small currents accurately in a single test. This can reduce the total evaluation period or remove the need to use two, rather than one, power meters for the application, thereby saving on capital cost of testing.
Testing to international standards, such as IEC62301, Energy Star and SPECpower*1
- The WT310E has a high measurement resolution of maximum 100 μW under the 5 mA range setting.
- Simultaneous measurement of normal power parameters, harmonic components and THD.
- Dynamic input capability of crest factor maximum 300 (Peak value/minimum effective RMS value)
- Free PCM software for IEC62301*2 testing
The WT310E together with the Power Consumption Measurement (PCM) software enables users to perform standby power testing in accordance with international standards.
*1 Coming soon
*2 The IEC62301E2.0 is a reference standard in the EN50564: 2011 Directive. This software corresponds to a test method of those two standards.
Evaluation of large current equipment
- Direct high current measurements of up to 40Arms without using external sensors (WT310EH)
- Auto ranging function for Integration mode.
The WT310EH allows 40 Arms to be directly connected to the input without the requirement to use current clamps or current sensors. This not only provides more precise measurement but also saves on investment costs. The wide current ranges are from 1 A to 40 A and voltage ranges are from 15 V to 600 V.
Users can use it to evaluate special waveform driven devices such as, IH cookers and heaters.
For industrial equipment and transportation
Automotive- Battery or DC driven device evaluation
- Accurate DC measurements: 0.3% total
- Direct high current measurement of up to 40A without any external current sensor.
- Charge/Discharge energy measurements for batteries
Duration testing and efficiency measurement for industrial motors and rotating machinery
- Integration measurements over long periods of time
- Modbus/TCP Protocol for data recording
- DC, 0.1 Hz to 100 kHz broad bandwidth capability
Conformance and evaluation testing of uninterruptable power supplies (UPS)
- Maximum harmonic order settings for THD calculations
- Efficiency measurements using a single power meter
- Average Active Power measurement under integration mode
The WT300E series enables users to conduct conformity tests according to UPS performance testing standards. The WT300E series is used to measure and calculate input & output levels, efficiency, frequency and THD. The average active power data also provides accurate values of power consumption. This equipment along with the WTViewerFreePlus software helps to simultaneously measure all necessary parameters required to test a UPS, thereby reducing the evaluation time.